Office of Civil Rights
MDT must ensure that all of its programs, services and activities are accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities. The External Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) program ensures that people with disabilities have equitable opportunities to use the public rights-of-way system. This program is responsible for implementing MDT's Transition Plan, which guides MDT's efforts to provide an accessible transportation system within the state of Montana.
ADA Transition Plan Update
MDT is currently updating the ADA Transition Plan. Click here to learn more.
MDT encourages comments on the Transition Plan Update anytime throughout the year as various ADA-related transportation issues arise
Comments can be provided in the following ways:
- MDT's Public Notice
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG)
- Public Rights of Way Accessibility Guidelines (PROWAG)
- Federal Highways Administration ADA Website
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR 35)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (49 CFR 27)
External ADA Specialist