09/20/2018 UCR Site Change
Starting October 1, 2018, the UCR link has changed to https://www.ucr.gov/
Please note that the 2019 registration year is not currently open as UCR fees have not yet been approved by FMCSA.
05-17-18 - MCS is Hiring!
Begin your career as an MCS Officer...
Apply Today! - Organization to look up is Transportation. The Job Field is Security/Protective Services.
- MCS is now on Facebook
02-14-2018 - Montana Title and Registration Process
The MT Department of Justice (DOJ) is recommending that carriers interested in IRP, go through the IRP registration process with MDT before completing title work through DOJ. This will help to eliminate duplicated registrations. The DOJ asks that the carrier shows proof of registration (Temporary Authority and/or a Cab Card from IRP) to process title work.
01-24-2018 - Electronic Logging Devices (ELD)
Visit the link above to view information regarding Electronic Logging Devices and Frequently Asked Questions
01-09-18 – UCR
New UCR fees are now out. Visit the link above to see if this applies to you and to process your registration.
06-16-16 - MDT Permit, IRP and ePART Information
09-23-15 - FMCSA Changes that will impact all carriers with a USDOT Number
Please visit the following link to learn more regarding the changes:
01-08-13 - IRP Notice: California Truck and Bus Regulation Change
12-13-12 - MT is now sharing IRP / Prorate information to all states
How does this help you?
- Enforcement personnel in other states can tell if you are prorated and current on your registration by running your plate number, VIN number, and/or USDOT number.
- If an accident occurs, the company information is passed onto the Enforcement personnel.
What does this mean to you?
- MCS will be requesting updated Contact Information on the company.
- MCS will be requesting the phone number on the vehicle level for the owner of the vehicle, not who is responsible for the safety of the vehicle.
10-29-12 - New Medical Certification Requirements for Montana Commercial Driver License Holders
09-27-12 - Oversized Load Transports
- Module Transport Project – Billings to Alberta - More information
05-14-12 - Heavy Vehicle Highway Use Tax (HVUT)
Federal regulations require all states to verify payment of, or exemption from the tax before issuing or renewing vehicle registrations. Before a vehicle is registered, the owner must provide proof this tax has been paid. This is done at the time of licensing at the county or in MCS when registering under the IRP.