Aviation System Plans
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) provides grant monies for airport construction and planning through the Airport Improvement Program (AIP). This money can also be used for state aviation system planning.
In an effort to assist public use airports with federal compliance regulations, the Aeronautics Division routinely uses AIP monies to create Montana State Aviation System Plans (SASPs). These plans commonly include airport capital improvement plans and pavement condition reports. In addition, the Aeronautics Division creates SASPs that report on forecast trends, airport engineering dimensional studies, and economic impacts.
SASPs are conducted annually, depending on available financing, FAA eligibility, and proposed work.
- 2015 SASP - Inventory & Forecasting Executive Summary
- 2015 SASP - Inventory & Forecasting Report
- 2015 SASP - Inventory & Forecasting Video
- 2015 SASP - Pavement Conditions Index
- 2012 SASP - Pavement Conditions Index
- 2009 SASP - Pavement Conditions Index
- 2007-2008 Airports Economic Impact Study
Please contact (406-444-9547) or (406-444-9581).