MDT Urban Maps
Significant Route Changes associated with the Expanded NHS and decennial Urban Boundary Review have been updated in MDT’s database but are not reflected in these maps. We are currently working on updating all applicable maps. This web map shows all the changes. Please for any questions at 406-444-6111.
- The maps listed below are current as of July 15, 2008. They have been constructed in ArcGIS 9.2 using ArcMap. ESRI, Inc. There are three map sets. They are black and white highway systems, color highway systems and color functional classification.
- These copyrighted© planimetric general urban maps show roads "open to public travel" on a land grid of township, range and section lines. Cultural features adjacent to roads are displayed by symbols. The maps also indicate national forests, lakes, reservoirs, streams, canals/ditches, and railroads.
- The Systems maps include a designated system of highways that include both federal and state mandated systems for Montana.
- the National Highway System (NHS) - includes the Interstate and other principal arterials as provided in Title 23, U.S.C.
- the Primary Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(3)
- the Secondary Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(4)
- the Urban Highway System - MCA 60-2-125(6)
- The Functional Classification maps include streets and highways that are grouped into classes according to the character of service they provide. The five functional classifications for urbanized and urban areas are interstate, other principal arterials, minor arterials, collector streets, and local streets.
- All of the maps are copyrighted ©. Hard copies of these maps can be ordered by calling the Road Inventory and Mapping Section 406-444-6119.
Downloading Problems/FAQs |
Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of these maps.
Please call the Road Inventory and Mapping Section at 406-444-6111 if you have any questions.
Main Section Title
|Black and White
Highway Systems Maps