The Montana Department of Transportation is replacing the two bridges that carry Interstate 90 over Quinn Creek Road. These bridges are located on Bozeman Hill Pass between Bozeman and Livingston in Park County.
The new bridges and additional safety improvements will provide safe crossing for motorists over Quinn Creek Road for many years.
- Removing and replacing two overpass bridges.
- Minor bridge approach roadway work.
- Upgrading guardrails and improving drainage.
- Installing a high-friction surface treatment to improve safety on the bridges.
What to expect during construction
Accelerated Bridge Construction methods are being used to reduce construction time of the bridges and impacts to traffic. The contractor, Sletten Construction, plans to build a replacement bridge in the median between the current bridges, and then slide the new bridge into its final position in the roadway.
Westbound I90 bridge over Quinn Creek Road
Click to view a larger image.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Both east and westbound traffic will travel on the same side of I 90.
- Crossover traffic patterns will be in place throughout construction.
- Speed limits will be reduced.
- Width restriction will be in place (visit www.511mt.net for the most up-to-date information).
Quinn Creek Road
- Alternating one-way traffic with up to 15-minute delays beneath the bridges.
- Temporary closures up to 30-minutes beneath the bridges are anticipated intermittently throughout construction.
- Up to five overnight closures (10 p.m. – 5 a.m.) beneath the bridges could be needed, but are not expected. MDT will announce the details of these closures to the public in advance if they are needed.