09-23-15 - FMCSA Changes that will impact all carriers with a USDOT Number
Please visit the following link to learn more regarding the changes:
04-25-13 - MCS is Hiring!
Begin your career as an MCS Officer...
01-08-13 - IRP Notice: California Truck and Bus Regulation Change
01-01-13 - UCR Enforcement Bulletin for 2013 Registration Year
This bulletin provides guidance for verifying compliance with UCR during roadside inspections and encourages roadside enforcement for the 2013 registration year to begin effective February 1, 2013.
12-13-12 - MT is now sharing IRP / Prorate information to all states
How does this help you?
- Enforcement personnel in other states can tell if you are prorated and current on your registration by running your plate number, VIN number, and/or USDOT number.
- If an accident occurs, the company information is passed onto the Enforcement personnel.
What does this mean to you?
- MCS will be requesting updated Contact Information on the company.
- MCS will be requesting the phone number on the vehicle level for the owner of the vehicle, not who is responsible for the safety of the vehicle.
10-29-12 - New Medical Certification Requirements for Montana Commercial Driver License Holders
09-27-12 - Oversized Load Transports
- Module Transport Project – Billings to Alberta - More information
05-14-12 - Heavy Vehicle Highway Use Tax (HVUT)
Federal regulations require all states to verify payment of, or exemption from the tax before issuing or renewing vehicle registrations. Before a vehicle is registered, the owner must provide proof this tax has been paid. This is done at the time of licensing at the county or in MCS when registering under the IRP.
03-20-12 - Attention Montana Carriers
Many Montana carriers are receiving this notice regarding the FMCSR requiring supervisors to have Drug and Alcohol Awareness training. This is not a government agency sending you these letters. This is a private company attempting to get you to use their services. While there is a requirement for your supervisors to receive this training there are numerous other providers. The method you use to gain this training is entirely up to you.
01-01-11 - More Fraudulent Motor Carrier Letters
There has been another round of fraudulent letters issued to U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) contractors and potential contractors purporting to be issued by DOT. These fraudulent letters request that current or potential contractors register by submitting their company’s financial information on a release form entitled, "Authorization to release financial information."