Don't Crowd the Plow!
Winter season in Montana is in full swing, and plows are out on the roadways.
Plow drivers are out there working to make the roads safer for you to drive on, but unfortunately this year there have been several plow-vehicle accidents. Plow-vehicle accidents don't end well for anyone.
Don't be the person who rear-ends a plow - remember these things:
- Plow drivers have limited visibility so don't assume your vehicle is in view.
- Keep a safe distance behind the snow plow and be prepared for the driver to apply sanding materials to the road.
- Be patient - the driver will pull over when it is safe to do so to allow vehicles to pass.
- Plows are large and move slower than highway speeds, making it difficult to judge distance when approaching the plow. Slow down immediately to avoid a collision.
- Do not pass through a white-out.
You can help ensure a safer winter driving experience by being prepared, alert, and cautious. Read more about Safe Winter Driving