The online Utility Permitting Administration System (UPAS) accommodates the permitting process and associated workflows, including a location repository that will improve information accessibility and usefulness for internal and external users.
Using UPAS, users can:
- Notify MDT of utility maintenance work within the highway right-of-way.
- Apply for a utility permit for new or upgraded installations in the right-of-way.
- Access existing and proposed utility location data in the right-of-way.
- Have an idea on how to improve UPAS? Submit your comments to us .
Your initial access to the Utilities Permitting Administration System (UPAS) is a two-step process.
- To begin, you must have an ePass Montana account. Click on the "Access this service thru ePass" link. You'll be directed to a "Welcome to ePass Montana" page where you can create an ePass account.
- To access UPAS, click on "Access this service thru ePass". If you are a State of Montana employee, click "Login with State Employee Account" and enter your username and password. Otherwise choose "Login with ePass Montana" and enter your ePass credentials.
When planning to submit a permit, it's important to understand how many permits should be requested based on the project size and/or complexity. There may be advantages to entering more than one permit for the project. Please feel free to discuss this information with the District Utility Agents.