Grants and Funding
Funding for Traffic Safety Projects
The Montana State Highway Traffic Safety Section administers federal grant monies for safety programs aimed at reducing deaths, injuries, and property losses resulting from traffic crashes.
Some of these grants cover administration costs such as increased overtime patrols for law enforcement agencies and the cost to purchase new law enforcement equipment. Others cover the production and delivery of educational programs.
Funding is limited and awarded through a competitive application process. Additional funding options are listed to assist those seeking funding for a project or program.
- Solicitation of new project proposals
- Timelines and Milestones for FFY 2015 Funding
- Grant Application | Instructions
- Comprehensive Highway Safety Plan
- Subgrantee Contract Management Manual
Selective Traffic Enforcement Programs (STEP)
State Highway Traffic Safety Section