Highway 287 - Diehl Ranch Dr to Spokane Creek Rd - FAQs
- This roadway currently carries 7,010 vehicles per day and that number is expected to reach over 11,000 by the deign year of 2038.
- The majority of the section will consist of two through lanes in each direction, a 14’ center turn lane and eight-foot shoulders.
- The widening will occur mostly toward the railroad (to the right) to reduce impacts to developed properties to the left.
- Three approaches in the middle of the project will need to be consolidated in order to provide safe access.
- MDT has initiated a project to provide improvements on the adjacent section connecting to East Helena. No schedule has been set yet.