Bench Boulevard - Hilltop to Pemberton
For the duration of the Bench Boulevard Reconstruction Project drivers are advised to please plan additional travel time as there will be side street closures, detours and brief delays throughout. Crews will be in operation Monday through Friday from approximately 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
During the week of September 26, there will be significant work from Hilltop Road to Anchor Avenue with the heaviest congestion north of Heights Lane. Crews will finish paving from Heights Lane up to Anchor Avenue and preparations for tree planting, light poles, signs and mailboxes will continue while work on driveways and sidewalks will be underway as well. Gainan’s and Dietz Auto are accessible from Hilltop Road.
The placement of road gravel and sidewalk concrete will be taking place between Anchor Ave and the south side of the Wicks intersection. Due to the heavy construction activity on both sides of this zone, access here is only intended for local residents on Bench, Winemiller Lane and the neighborhood loop across from Popelka Dr.
Continuing this week, there will be heavy construction activity and traffic control restrictions as Knife River continues work in the Wicks intersection, which will include storm drain installation and road excavation. Through traffic is advised to use alternate routes as the intersection will be controlled either by flaggers or a four-way stop.
Remaining work will continue under limited traffic control from the north side of the Wicks intersection up to Pemberton Lane. This stretch of road is open, however, intermittent work will be continuing with manhole adjustments and new fence installation. Full access for residents and the Bitterroot Elementary School is available.
Overview of Side Streets:
- Looped side streets:
- Dreamers Loop, Heights Lane and Kingston Ave/Anchor Ave/ Ahoy Ave/Steffanich Drive will always have one entry to Bench available but construction will alternate which entry is open. Drivers may experience brief delays when exiting onto Bench.
- Side streets closed at Bench:
- Logan Lane will have access via Main Street and Dorothy Lane will have access from the east via Kenneth Street and Yellowstone River Road. (when closed for work)
- Dead end streets with no outlet:
- The neighborhood loop across from Popelka Dr, Winemiller Lane and Birch Lane will have access maintained on Bench through the work zone.
With the goal of completing each zone quickly, Knife River asks you to please be respectful of flaggers, watch for workers and equipment, abide by the posted speed limits and remember that fines do double in work zones.
To avoid congestion and delays use:
- Bitterroot Drive
- Wicks Lane
- Hilltop Road
- Main Street
To sign up for weekly email notifications, please . Weekly updates will also be printed in the Billings Gazette and announced Mondays on the following radio stations:
- 102.9 FM Cat Country
- 97.1 FM PopCrush
- 103.7 FM The Hawk
- 530 AM (Project frequency provided by MDT)
For questions or concerns about the Bench Boulevard Project, please call 406-281-2098 during business hours.
Thanks to Bench Area residents for your ongoing patience!