Bench Boulevard - Hilltop to Pemberton
As work on the Bench Boulevard Reconstruction Project come to an end, drivers are advised to please stay aware and focused on remaining work. Crews will be in operation Monday through Friday from approximately 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
During the week of October 24, there will be significant work from Hilltop Road to Wicks Lane with the heaviest congestion north of Logan Lane. Access in this section is only intended for local residents on Bench, Winemiller Lane and the neighborhood loop across from Popelka Dr. Crews will be working on light poles, signs and mailbox placement, in and along this stretch, as well as tree planting. Gainan’s and Dietz Auto are accessible from Hilltop Road.
Continuing this week, there will be heavy construction activity and traffic control restrictions as Knife River continues work in the Wicks intersection, which will include electrical work, signage and remaining concrete work. Through traffic is advised to use alternate routes as the intersection will be controlled either by flaggers or a four-way stop.
Remaining work will continue under limited traffic control from the north side of the Wicks intersection up to Pemberton Lane. This stretch of road is open, however, intermittent work will be continuing on boulevards and new fence installation. Full access for residents and the Bitterroot Elementary School is available.
Overview of Side Streets:
- Looped side streets:
- Interconnected streets Kingston Ave/Anchor Ave/ Ahoy Ave/Steffanich Dr. will always have one entry to Bench available but construction will alternate which entry is open. Drivers may experience brief delays when exiting onto Bench.
- Side streets closed at Bench:
- Logan Lane and Anchor Ave will have access via Main Street. (when closed for work)
- Dead end streets with no outlet:
- The neighborhood loop across from Popelka Dr. and Winemiller Lane will have access maintained on Bench through the work zone.
With the goal of completing each zone quickly, Knife River asks you to please be respectful of flaggers, watch for workers and equipment, abide by the posted speed limits and remember that fines do double in work zones.
To avoid congestion and delays use:
- Bitterroot Drive
- Hawthorne Lane
- Hilltop Road
- Main Street
To sign up for weekly email notifications, please .
For questions about the Bench Boulevard Project, please call 406-281-2098 during business hours.