April 1, 2019
Aviation Awareness Art Contest
Students from across Montana are invited to participate in the 2019 MDT Aeronautics Division Aviation Awareness Art Contest. The contest is open to all students in grades K-12 in public, private, and home schools.
The first-place winners in each grade category, K-5, 6-8, and 9-12, will be flown to Helena, with their parents, on May 3rd for the awards ceremony in Helena. Transportation Director, Mike Tooley will present all three winners with a trophy, certificate, and their artwork matted and framed. Following the ceremony, the winners and their families will tour the airport and enjoy lunch.
Second and third place winners in each category will receive a trophy and certificate of achievement.
- Contest deadline is April 1st, 2019
- Contest is open to all Montana students, grades K-12.
- Size of artwork is not to exceed 11”’ x 14”.
- Artwork must have an aviation theme and can be color or black & white.
- Please no tracing of images.
- All artwork must include the following: student’s name, student’s grade, school’s mailing address, phone number and teacher’s name.
- Mail to - Art Contest
MDT Aeronautics Division
P.O. Box 200507
Helena, MT 59620-0507
The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) Aviation Awareness Art Contest is designed to broaden awareness of the importance of aviation and aerospace to the economy and to promote careers in these industries.
For more information about the contest, please contact Jeremy Gouley at 406-444-9568 or .
June 25-26, 2019
Aviation Career Exploration (ACE) Academy
- Program geared toward high school students interested in aviation.
For more information, please contact Jeremy Gouley at 406-444-9568 or .
July 21, 2019
Annual St. Ignatius (52S) Huckleberry Pancake Fly–In Breakfast
- From 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. This free event is sponsored by the EAA Chapter 1122.
For more information, contact Michael Kuefler at 406-544-2274.