September 21, 2019
Anaconda Bowman Field Fly-In
- Third Annual Anaconda Bowman Field Fly-In starts at 10:00 a.m. Come out for a day of fun and check out the cool airplanes and cars. Fun and games for kids. Awards for "Best of Show" and special prizes for flour sack drop and longest distant flown.
For more information contact Greg at 406-593-1702.
September 28, 2019
Missoula General Aviation Barbeque
- The annual Missoula General Aviation Barbeque will be 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the EAA Chapter 517 hangar located in the “East LZ” hangar complex at MSO. Fly-Ins are welcome! Tell controllers you want to taxi to the East LZ hangars. The Missoula International Airport hosts this event every year as an expression of appreciation for the role of general aviation in our flying tradition. Highlights include highly skilled chefs from airport administration, a visit from an ARFF vehicle, and a laid-back friendly atmosphere for the enjoyment of all. Don’t miss it!
For more information contact at 406-370-6584.
October 25-26, 2019
STEM in the Rockies Workshop
- The Montana Learning Center has teamed up with the Montana Department of Transportation - Aeronautics Division to bring you a unique opportunity to be on the forefront of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) education right here in Montana! Come and learn about engaging hands-on curricula that will excite you and your students about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. This STEM in the Rockies workshop also includes an introductory flight in one of the Aeronautics Division’s aircraft.
- Teachers who participate in STEM in the Rockies will receive 20 Montana Office of Public Instruction renewal units and an array of aeronautics-themed activities that can be done with their students. Room and board is also provided free of charge for participants at the Montana Learning Center.
- Space is limited to only 18 participating STEM teacher leaders who teach in the formal classroom setting in Montana, so apply today! Applications are due October 1st. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance shortly after the application deadline.
- STEM in the Rockies workshop is proudly designed and delivered by fellow Montana teachers and pilots. This opportunity is led by award-winning science teachers Dr. Walt Woolbaugh Ryan Hannahoe. Support for this opportunity is provided by the Montana Department of Transportation - Aeronautics Division.