March 25, 2020
Missoula RSAT Meeting
- The annual Missoula Runway Safety Action Team (RSAT) meeting is scheduled 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Missoula Airport Conference room.
May 1, 2020
Aviation Awareness Art Contest
Students from across Montana are invited to participate in the 2020 MDT Aeronautics Division Aviation Awareness Art Contest. The contest is open to all students in grades K-12 in public, private, and home schools.
The first-place winners in each grade category, K-5, 6-8, and 9-12, will be flown to Helena, with their parents, for the awards ceremony in Helena. Awards will be present to all three winners with a trophy, certificate, and their artwork matted and framed. Following the ceremony, the winners and their families will tour the airport and enjoy lunch.
Second and third place winners in each category will receive a trophy and certificate of achievement.
- Contest deadline is May 1st, 2020.
- Contest is open to all Montana students, grades K-12.
- Size of artwork is not to exceed 11" x 14".
- Artwork must have an aviation theme and can be color or black & white.
- Please no tracing of images.
- All artwork must include the following: student’s name, student's grade, school's mailing address, phone number and teacher's name.
- Mail to:
MDT Aeronautics Division
P.O. Box 200507
Helena, MT 59620-0507
The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) Aviation Awareness Art Contest is designed to broaden awareness of the importance of aviation and aerospace to the economy and to promote careers in these industries.
For more information about the contest, please contact Matt Lindberg at 406-444-9568 or .
May 16, 2020
AOPA Rusty Pilots Seminar
- Hosted by Blue Goose Aviation in Polson, MT from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Polson Airport in Hangar #35. Lunch and a pilot discussion will follow the seminar. For questions please contact Joe at (719) 393-5550. If you have not flown in a while, come out and meet other pilots and let us help you get back into the air. This seminar is free for AOPA members and $79.00 for non-members.
June 6, 2020
EAA's Helena Chapter 344 Annual Morrison Park "Burger Burn."
- All aviation aficionados, including members of EAA, MPA and the general public, are invited to participate in this spring warm-up to the 2020 flying season from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Partake of a free hamburger or hot dog and soft drink while enjoying the friendly camaraderie of like-minded individuals. Morrison Park is located just east of the Helena College airport campus off Airport Road. Those who fly in may park in the southwest corner of the general aviation ramp, in the vicinity of Exec Air's hangars. For information contact Ron Rasmuson (406) 461-1093.
June 15-17, 2020
Aviation Career Exploration (ACE) Academy
- Open to high school students who will be Freshman – Seniors (or who just graduated) interested in aviation. Academy includes 2 nights stay at the Montana Learning Center, meals, flights, ground transportation during the camp, materials and all tours. Scholarships are available! Registrations are due by June 11, 2020. For more information call 406-444-2506.
June 19-20, 2020
AOPA Fly-In Casper, WY
- Register online.
July 31- August 01, 2020
Three Forks Fly-In
- 43rd annual fly-in hosted by the Montana Antique Aircraft Association. Friday and Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. Saturday flour bombing/spot landing and ping pong ball drop. Free and open to the public. Showers and camping on site. For more information contact Pat Green 406-539-1880.
August 22, 2020
Bowman Fly In and Car Show
- Starting at 10:00 a.m. there will be food and drinks available, kids' games, airplane rides, and awards for best of show and longest distance flown. Other special surprises to be announced. For more information contact Greg at 406-593-1702.