October 30, 2020
Deadline to submit comments and thoughts on the color newsletter
Email comments to or call (406) 444-2506.
November 15, 2020
Airport Loan and Grant Application Period Deadline
December 1, 2020
Montana Aviation Scholarship Application Deadline
More information can be found at https://www.mdt.mt.gov/aviation/scholarships.shtml or contact the Aeronautics Division at (406) 444-2506.
December 1, 2020
Deadline to submit photographs to the Aviation Photo Contest
Submit photos to .
January 22-23, 2021
Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC)
- The MDT Aeronautics Division will conduct the 2020 FIRC at the Delta Hotel Helena Colonial, located at 2301 Colonial Drive, Helena Montana. Rooms have been blocked at prevailing government rate plus tax. Reserve your room by calling 406-443-2100 and reference rooming block "Flight Instructor Refresher Course."
- The two-day, FAA-approved course will run from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Friday and from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.
For more information, contact , 406-444-9568.
January 24-26, 2021
Association of Montana Aerial Applicators (AMAA) 2021 Convention and Trade Show
- Attend the AMAA trade show at the Heritage Inn in Great Falls, Montana. Have fun while learning, networking with peers and exhibitors. See the latest technology, specialty items and be eligible to win door prizes.
For more information, contact Colleen at 406-781-6461 or .
February 19-21, 2021
Winter Survival Clinic
- The location is to be determined. Stay tuned for an announcement with the location selection. Please contact the Aeronautics Division by calling 406-444-2506 or email to hold your spot in this clinic; class size is limited. Last year we filled up in less than a week!
- Clinic cost is $150.00 with full payment required at the time of registration. *This clinic will be socially distanced with additional sanitization and will comply with the latest COVID-19 safety guidelines. Refunds will only be available if the Department cancels the clinic.
*All events are subject to modification or cancelation due to the latest COVID-19 guidance*