Montana Department of Transportation

Bigge Crane Megaload Permit Issued

A permit has been issued for a megaload to travel from Idaho through Montana to Great Falls. The move, planned for seven stages, will travel at night to minimize travel disruptions to others along the route. MORE INFORMATION

Main Content

Driver and Vehicle Registration

Montana Department of Transportation

The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) does not issue or control Montana driver licenses, in-state vehicle license plates, or in-state vehicle registration.

MDT does handle interstate licensing and registration. Contact the MDT Motor Carrier Services Division at 406-444-6130 for interstate licensing and registration questions.

Montana Department of Justice

The Department of Justice handles driver licenses and in-state vehicle registration. Please see Driving in Montana on the Department of Justice website for more information.

Department of Justice Contacts
Revoked, suspended, or DUI information 406-444-3292
New or renewal Call your local county/courthouse
Drivers Education 406-444-4432
Driving Record 406-444-4590
Title/Registration of vehicles 406-846-6000
Motor Vehicle Division
General Info
| Website