Montana Reinvestment Act
Under ARRA, $1.5 billion of discretionary grant funds will be awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation for capital investments in surface transportation infrastructure. These grants are for Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER).
Eligible projects include but are not limited to the following:
- Highway or bridge projects eligible under Title 23 U.S.C.;
- Public Transportation projects eligible under Chapter 53 of Title 49 U.S.C.;
- Passenger and freight rail transportation projects; and
- Port infrastructure investments.
Primary selection criteria includes near term economic development benefits coupled with job creation while maximizing long-term economic benefits. Long-term economic benefits include:
- State of Good Repair - Improving the condition of existing transportation facilities and systems, with particular emphasis on projects that minimize life cycle costs
- Economic Competitiveness - Contributing to the economic competitiveness of the United States over the medium- to long-term
- Livability - Improving the quality of living and working environments and experience for people in communities across the U.S
- Sustainability - Improving the energy efficiency, reducing dependence on oil, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and benefiting the environment
- Safety - Improving the safety of U.S. transportation facilities and systems
Secondary selection criteria - intended to capture benefits of new and/or innovative approaches to achieving programmatic objectives while forging partnerships.
Grant Application Deadline is September 15, 2009 - Priority will be given to projects that are expected to be completed on or before February 17, 2012.
US 2 - Two Medicine River Bridge
Two Medicine River Bridge
I 15 - Custer and MRL Structures
Custer and MRL Structures
US 93 - Victor and South of Victor
Victor and South of Victor
US 2 - Swamp Creek
US 2 - Brockton East
US 287 - Townsend South
MT 85 - Four Corners North
Four Corners North
Billings - 6th Ave North to Bench Blvd
6th Ave North to Bench Blvd