The Transportation Commission is a quasi-judicial board consisting of five members, each of whom is
appointed by the Governor for a four-year term.
The Commission's major duties are as follows:
- selection/prioritization of projects for construction, maintenance and so forth.
- awarding of monthly contracts.
- allocation of Federal-aid highway funds.
- designation of highways by system.
- designation of special speed zones and maximum speeds on bridges and overpasses.
- designation of access control highways or facilities.
- resolution of outdoor advertising appeals.
- abandonment of highway right of way.
For additional information, please contact:
PO Box 201001
Helena, MT 59620-1001