Montana Department of Transportation

MDT Meetings and Events

Glendive - Rumble Strip Installation Across NE Mont Roadways

June 23, 2017


Lori Ryan, Public
Information Officer, (406) 444-6821,

Montana Department
of Transportation Proposes Safety Project to Install Centerline
Rumble Strips on Various Roadways Across Northeast Montana

 The Montana Department of Transportation would like to notify the
public and seek comments on a proposal to install centerline rumble
strips for the following locations:

 U.S. Highway 2 in Blaine,
Phillips, Valley and Roosevelt counties from reference post (RP)
453.6 to RP 667.1
 U.S. Highway 87 in Phillips County from RP 88.1
to RP 157.6
 Secondary Highway 246 in Valley County from RP 0.0 to
RP 11.5
 Montana Highway 24 in Valley County from RP 0.0 to RP 60.8
 Secondary Highway 374 in Sheridan County from RP 0.0 to RP 6.1

Secondary Highway 201 in McCone and Richland counties from RP 0.0 to
RP 6.0
 Secondary Highway 201 in Richland County from RP 27.6 to RP
 Montana Highway 23 in Richland County from RP 0 to RP 2.8

Proposed work includes installing centerline rumble strips and
finishing with a fog seal and new centerline pavement markings. The
purpose of the project is to address lane departure crashes.

project is tentatively scheduled for letting in fall 2017, depending
on completion of all project development activities and availability
of funding.
No new right-of-way or utility relocations will be

For more information, please contact Glendive District
Administrator Shane Mintz at (406) 345-8212 or Project Design
Engineer LeRoy Wosoba at (406) 444 1280. Members of the public may
submit written comments to the Montana Department of Transportation
Glendive office at P.O. Box 890, Glendive, MT  59330-0890, or online

Please note that your
comments are for project UPN 8369. Alternative accessible formats of
this information will be provided upon request by contacting the
Office of Civil Rights, P.O. Box 201001, Helena, MT 59620; (406)
444-9229; fax (406) 444-7243, or e-mail to Those
using a TTY may call (800) 335-7592 or through the Montana Relay
Service at 711.