Gallatin Turn Lanes
Construction to build 5 different turn lanes on a 20 mile stretch of Highway 191 started in March 2013. The turn lanes are at the following locations:
- Red Cliff Campground (MP 41.4 – 41.9) – Constructing a left turn lane for southbound traffic
- Moose Creek Campground (MP 55.9 – 56.2) – Constructing a left turn lane for northbound traffic along with a new public approach.
- Greek Creek Campground (MP 57.9 – 58.6) – Constructing turn lanes for northbound and southbound traffic.
- Karst Ranch (MP 55.1 – 55.4) – Constructing a left turn lane for northbound traffic.
- Castle Rock Inn (MP 65.1 – 66.1) – Constructing 2 different left turn lanes for southbound traffic.
M.A. DeAtley Construction began working on the Turn Lanes – Gallatin Canyon project March 11th, 2013. The project includes improvements, and turn lanes, at five locations on US 191 from milepost 41 to 66.1. During the 2013 construction season, 4 of the 5 turn lanes were substantially completed. Work is expected to be completed by September 2014.
Phase 1: Red Cliff
This work consists of the complete construction at Red Cliff Campground and all clearing of trees and brush at the remaining sites. Phase 1 is tentatively scheduled to be complete the end of May, 2013.
Phase 2: Greek/Moose Creek
Phase 2 of the construction will start immediately upon completion of Phase 1. Phase 2 work consists of the complete construction at Greek Creek and Moose Creek. Phase 2 is tentatively scheduled to be complete the end of September, 2014.
Phase 3: Karst Ranch/Castle Rock
Phase 3 of the construction will start immediately upon completion of Phase 2. Phase 3 work consists of the complete construction at Karst Ranch and Castle Rock Inn. Phase 3 work is tentatively scheduled to be complete mid September 2014.