The Montana Department of Transportation will resurface approximately 6 miles of Montana Highway 69 (MT 69) near Whitehall. The project area begins at the intersection of Whitehall Street and Legion Avenue in Whitehall and proceeds east from town ending at the junction of MT 69 and MT 2.
This preventative maintenance project will extend the life of MT 69 east of Whitehall. In addition to extending the life of this road, the project will also improve the safety of the roadway by upgrading guardrails, painting new pavement markings and improving the signage in the area.
- Resurfaced pavement and new pavement markings
- Limited curb and gutter replacement
- Improved signage
- Upgraded guardrails
- Crack seal the Whitetail Creek Bridge
What to expect during construction:
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane.
- Traffic signals, pilot cars and flaggers will direct motorists through work zones.
- Up to 15-minute delays.
- Work zones can be up to two miles in length.
- Reduced speeds.
- Width restrictions.
- Work can take place during daylight hours, typically between 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Stay Informed During Construction
MDT will notify the public about traffic impacts and work activities through the project website, local media, mailings, social media, and email and text notifications during construction.
Current construction information and road conditions can be found on the MDT Travel Info App.